The Biden administration’s plan to import as many future Democrats voters as possible in fiscal 2021 was a smashing success.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported late Friday that border agents apprehended almost 1.75 million illegals trying to jump the border or showed up at ports of entry. For the last month of the fiscal year, which ended September 30, agents apprehended more than 192,000.
The figure for the year is the highest in the agency’s near century-long history.
Last year, agents captured 458,088, meaning Biden nearly quadrupled it. Biden sent tens of thousands into American communities with the help of leftist Cuban immigrant Alejandro Mayorkas, his Homeland Security Secretary.
Biden promised open borders during his campaign, then kept it on Inauguration Day by rescinding President Trump’s Remain in Mexico Policy. The penniless masses below the border got the message. They got it in Asia and Africa, too.
Come to America; Joe has a place for you.
Fiscal 2021 ended with these numbers: 192,001 apprehensions in September, an 8.5 percent decrease from the 209,940 in August.
For the year, agents apprehended 1,734,686, a 278.7 percent increase over last year’s 458,088. That’s the highest number in CBP’s 97-year life, the Washington Examiner reported.
CBP explained the rest in a detailed release:
• [U]nique encounters in September 2021 was 142,710, a 9% reduction in unique encounters from the prior month.
• [T]here were 192,001 encounters along the Southwest border, a 9% decrease compared to August. Of those, 26% involved individuals who had at least one prior encounter in the previous 12 months, compared to an average one-year re-encounter rate of 14% for FY 2014-2019.
• (59%) … were single adults, with 113,030 encounters in September, a 9% increase compared to August.
• 102,673 encounters, more than 53% of the total, were processed for expulsion under Title 42. 89,238 encounters were processed under Title 8.
Two facts that put the annual total of illegals in perspective show just what border agents faced:
- 1.73 million exceeds the population of Phoenix, Arizona, the fifth largest city in the United States.
- Agents handled 4,777 illegals every day and 199 per hour.
More Than 10,000 Criminals
Included in the 1.74 million illegals were 10,763 criminals. That estimable collection of cultural enrichers included rapists, thieves, drug dealers and killers with convictions these numbers:
• Assault, battery, domestic violence: 1,178
• Burglary, robbery, larceny, theft, fraud: 825
• Driving under the influence: 1,6290
• Homicide, manslaughter: 63*
• Illegal drug possession, trafficking: 2,138
• Illegal entry, re-entry: 6,160
• Illegal weapons possession, transport, trafficking: 336
• Sexual offenses: 488
• Other: 2,730
That figure is a 341.5 percent increase over last year’s 2,438, and the highest number since the last year of the Obama Administration, when agents apprehended 12,842.
More Illegal Aliens Set To Arrive
If September was a good month for Biden, October might be better. As The New American reported today, citing Fox News, 60,000 Haitians are massing at the border in the hope they rush in before Biden reimplements Remain In Mexico, which required illegals to wait in that country while their asylum or immigration applications were processed.
That policy, officially known as the Migrant Protection Protocols, significantly cut back on illegal border crossings. But once Biden ended it, the mad rush to the border began. Numbers were ticking up monthly beginning in August 2020, as illegals gambled on a Biden victory in November’s presidential election.
A federal court ordered Biden to reinstate the policy, and Biden’s DHS told the court two days ago it should finish doing so in mid-November.
Too little, too late. Biden knows that, and so does visa fraudster Mayorkas.