Forty-seven percent of Americans surveyed said they believed President Donald Trump should be impeached over his Ukrainian telephone conversation, up 5 points from May, but 45% say Trump should not be removed from office, a CNN poll released Monday finds.
The current pro-impeachment figure ties with a finding in a September 2018 survey.
The latest CNN survey of 1,009 Americans was conducted last Tuesday through Sunday. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., announced the chamber’s impeachment probe Tuesday.
Here are the CNN poll results:
Do you believe President Trump should be impeached?
- Yes: 47%, up from 41% in May.
- No: 45%, down from 54% in May.
Why do most Democrats support impeachment?
- Believe Trump committed impeachable offenses: 49%.
- Out to get Trump at all costs: 38%.
- Neither: 4%.
- Both: 3%.
Why do most Republicans oppose impeachment?
- Believe Trump did not commit impeachable offenses: 43%.
- Out to protect Trump at all costs: 42%.
- Neither: 5%.
- Both: 2%.
- No opinion: 8%.
The CNN survey has a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points.
© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.