Harvard/Harris Poll: Joe Biden Leads Dem Field of WH Hopefuls

Will Donald Trump Win the 2020 Election?

  •                        

Former Vice President Joe Biden leads the pack of 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls, a new online poll showed.

In the Harvard CAPS/Harris poll of registered voters released to The Hill on Thursday, 35 percent of Democratic voters are most likely to vote for Biden in the Democratic primaries should he announce his candidacy — more than twice the number of voters who said Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., was their top pick.

Former Texas Democratic Rep. Beto O’Rourke had 7 percent support, followed by Sens. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., with 6 percent, and Kamala Harris, D-Calif., with 5 percent.


In other findings from the online poll:

  • With Hillary Clinton factored into the field, Biden and Sanders still take the top two spots with 26 percent and 18 percent respectively. Clinton took 11 percent.
  • 36 percent of respondents said the current lineup of candidates is “impressive,” while 64 percent said the field is “underwhelming.”
  • 49 percent said one of the party’s candidates would have a “strong chance of winning” against President Donald Trump; 51 percent said they would have “little chance of winning.”

“The Democratic horserace remains in flux with no clear leader and awaiting the entry of the so far absent front runner,” Mark Penn, the co-director of the Harvard CAPS/Harris poll, told The Hill.

“Will he go up if he comes in? He should if he is going to get on track for a win.”


© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


Read more

Facebook has greatly reduced the distribution of our stories in our readers' newsfeeds and is instead promoting mainstream media sources. When you share to your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you.

Facebook Comments