Thursday, May 26, 2022

Thousands of US troops placed on ‘heightened preparedness’ as Russia-Ukraine tensions swirl

Must Read

Ukrainian defense says Russia has used 60 percent of its high-precision artillery

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Ukraine’s defense ministry on Wednesday claimed Russia has used 60...

Governors Say ‘No Way’ to Biden Plans To Empower Pro-China Health Organization

Biden Administration Gov. Kristi Noem: Power over personal health choices 'is not President Biden's to give away' WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom...

NBA Coach Demanded Police Removed from Schools During BLM Unrest, Now Shouts ‘Do Something’ After TX Shooting

NBA coach Steve Kerr was denounced as a hypocrite Wednesday for demanding action in the wake of the deadly...

Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day

Several thousand US forces put on ‘heightened preparedness’ amid Russia-Ukraine tension
The United States has heightened the readiness of some 8,500 U.S. troops amid tensions between Russia and NATO over a potential invasion of Ukraine, but no decisions have been made yet to deploy them.

“Secretary Austin has placed a range of units in the United States on a heightened preparedness to deploy, which increases our readiness to provide forces if NATO should activate” the NATO National Response Force, said Pentagon press secretary John Kirby on Monday.

The NATO NRF is a multinational rapid response force comprised of land, air, maritime and Special Operations Forces.

“The United States is deeply concerned about the current situation in Europe,” Kirby said. “We remain keenly focused on Russia’s unusual military activities near the Ukrainian border, including in Belarus, and consulting extensively with our transatlantic allies and partners. The department continues to support diplomatic efforts to deescalate the situation.

“Now, as the president has said, even as we continue to prioritize diplomacy and dialogue, we must also increase readiness in support of its obligations to the security and defense of NATO and the security of its citizens abroad,” he continued. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY

In other developments:
– State Dept’s Ned Price: ‘I have a hard time understanding’ what Afghanistan withdrawal has to do with Russia
– Russia ‘will ignore‘ US troops sent to Eastern Europe: Fred Fleitz
– Russia and Ukraine: Biden and national security team discuss possible US troop deployment to Eastern Europe
– Tucker Carlson: China is wondering how America could be this stupid and destructive
– Mike Pompeo: Russia-Ukraine conflict puts Biden administration’s weakness on full display

Fox News’ Peter Doocy says Biden ‘cleared the air’ with him following the ‘SOB’ insult
Fox News Peter Doocy revealed that President Biden called his cellphone following a hostile exchange the two of them had at the White House earlier in the day. 

During an event on Monday evening, Doocy attempted to ask Biden a question about inflation, to which the president responded by calling him a “stupid son of a b—-.” 

Appearing on “Hannity,” Doocy said the president reached out to him “within about an hour of that exchange.”

“He said ‘It’s nothing personal, pal,'” Doocy said. “And we went back and forth, and we were talking about just kind of moving forward, and I made sure to tell him that I’m always gonna try to ask something different than what everybody else is asking. And he said, ‘You got to.’ And that’s a quote from the president, so I’ll keep doing it.”

When Fox News’ Sean Hannity asked if Biden apologized, Doocy responded, “He cleared the air and I appreciate it.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.

In other developments:
– Fox News’ Peter Doocy laughs off Biden ‘SOB’ insult: ‘Nobody has fact-checked him yet and said it’s not true’
– President Biden begins his second year in office lashing out at reporters
– Biden cursing out Doocy is just the latest example of his ‘terrible temper’: Conway
– NBC’s Chuck Todd: Biden ‘no longer seen as competent and effective’

NCAA facilitator resigns over organization’s updated transgender participation policy
Dorian Rhea Debussy, Ph.D, one of the 54 facilitators in the NCAA Division III LGBTQ OneTeam program, resigned after a new policy was implemented around transgender participation.

Last year, Debussy led 38 OneTeam members in publishing a letter demanding the NCAA to take further action to prevent anti-transgender legislation from being introduced and passed in the 2021 state legislative session.

Debussy put out a resignation letter protesting the NCAA’s updated transgender participation policy.

“I’m deeply troubled by what appears to be a devolving level of active, effective, committed, and equitable support for gender diverse student-athletes within the NCAA’s leadership. As a non-binary, trans-feminine person, I can no longer, in good conscience, maintain my affiliation with the NCAA,” Debussy stated.

Debussy wrote that “the NCAA notes that their updated policy still mandates rigid testing schedules for endocrine levels, while the IOC’s updated policy strongly emphasizes the importance of bodily autonomy and scientific evidence in ensuring fairness.” She added that the NCAA also notes that their updated policy “defers to relevant policies of the governing bodies for each individual sport, while also not setting a clear and direct expectation for a trans-inclusive environment.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.

In other developments:
– Penn’s Lia Thomas wins 100-yard, 200-yard freestyle races against Harvard
– Transgenderism undermines women’s rights, despite other feminists’ claims: Kara Dansky
– Sandra Bucha: Men returning women to sidelines of sports
– Gov. Kristi Noem says transgender athlete bill ‘strongest’ in the nation to protect women’s sports

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

TODAY’S MUST-READS:
– Florida man arrested at Waffle House after alleged outburst over bacon: report
– NYPD detectives find loaded AR-15 under mattress of suspect who allegedly killed one officer, wounded another
– New York judge strikes down Hochul’s mask mandate, governor vows fight
– Italian hunter dies after suffering fatal bite from boar he shot: report
– Rob Gronkowski fires off cryptic tweet about NFL future

THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues
– Ford shuts off orders for new $20,000 Maverick pickup
– Fmr NYC police commissioner Ray Kelly drags Democrat officials for crime crisis: All started with de Blasio
– Bob Dylan offloads masters catalog: ‘All my recordings can stay where they belong’
– Surging food prices turn more shoppers into bargain hunters

SOME PARTING WORDS

Laura Ingraham used her “Ingraham Angle” commentary Monday to report President Biden and the Democrats are “stumbling on the warpath” as they frantically seek a distraction from Biden’s failing presidency.

As inflation and crime soars, coronavirus continues and polls tank, Biden’s political and media allies are desperate to change the subject, she said.

“More than a month ago, President Biden assured a very war-weary nation that putting troops in or around Ukraine was not on the table. Well, now it looks like that’s right up there with the other promises he made, like if you get vaxxed, you can go back to normal and just 100 days of masking,” she said.

Not signed up yet for Fox News FirstClick here to find out what you’re missing.

Fox News’ Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.

This edition of Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Wednesday.

Read more